We respect your privacy
Tynan LDV respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
Why do we collect your information?
We'll collect your information for a number of reasons, including:
- To respond to enquiries regarding the products and services that we and/or our authorised retailers offer;
- to provide and market our products and services;
- to administer customer and warranty claims and service and recall campaigns;
- to inform you of offers and events and to facilitate and process your ordering of any special offers, products and services;
- to meet our legal obligations.
What kinds of information does Tynan LDV collect?
We may collect and hold the following information from you:
- Your contact and identification information such as your name, date of birth, contact number(s), email address(es), residential and/or business address(es), demographic information (such as postcode, age, gender) and driver's licence details.
- Your vehicle and servicing details including vehicle registration, vehicle purchase details, service appointment bookings.
- Your finance details such as financial, insurance or credit information, marital status, employment details and history.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located outside of Australia. No personally identifying information is recorded or provided to Google.
Do we disclose your personal information to anybody?
Tynan LDV may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances. We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related companies;
- the manufacturer of vehicles that we sell;
- insurance companies;
- credit providers;
- state government entities responsible for motor vehicle registrations and driving infringements;
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses or our live chat service provider) who are generally contract-bound to protect your privacy;
- law enforcement bodies such as the police, who seek access to your personal information for law enforcement purposes; and
- anyone else to whom you have authorised us to disclose it.
For example: Sometimes we are required or authorized by law to disclose your personal information. For example we may disclose your personal information during the registration or transfer of a vehicle, or to an insurance company transacting Compulsory Third Party insurance. We may also disclose your personal information to the Motor Vehicle Manufacturer or Distributor to ensure the proper registration of Warranty details for the protection of the customers vehicle.
How we collect your personal information
Is my personal information secure?
Tynan LDV is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Can I access the personal information Tynan LDV holds about me?
In line with the Privacy Act, you can request access to any of the personal information we hold about you by contacting Tynan LDV. If you would like to access the information we hold on you, please contact us on (02) 8545 8888 or go to this page.
We will always provide individuals with an opportunity to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us. If you have received a direct marketing communication from us and do not wish to receive these communications from us in the future, just use the “unsubscribe” function in the email or SMS, or tick the opt out box on postal communications and return the mailed item to us.
If you have questions about our approach to privacy or if you have any further questions regarding this policy please contact us using the details below.
- Phone: (02) 8545 8888
- Mailing Address: 519 Princes Hwy, Kirrawee, NSW, 2232
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to . We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.